Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Long Time Coming

I've never had a project I've worked on, this consistently take so long to complete. But it was completely worth it.

My first complex quilt!
 
 
With ideas from Pinterest, techniques from Youtube, help from my Relief Society President, and many other resources, I made this quilt for my newest niece, Georgia. They just received it so it's now safe for me to post pictures of the final product. Here's an excerpt from what I wrote in their card:

"It's not perfect. It took longer than I thought it would. And it took on a different design many times. But it has been pieced, pinned, sewn, and stitched with so much love. It served as a reminder to me that life isn't perfect, but love can be."
 



 
 
 (A look at my new favorite technique, Hand Quilting. It is so worth the time, effort, and even the pain of being purposefully poked in the finger... over and over).

Special thanks to my dear husband who endured many evenings of sewing that lasted deep in to the night while the boys slept. And for even helping me press seams when I thought I couldn't press one more. Now maybe I can get to finishing that jean quilt I started for you last October... :)

1 comment: