Monday, April 22, 2013

Kessie's One Year Photo Shoot

Remember this precious baby?
She's already one!

I was so excited when her mom asked me to take her pictures again for her first birthday. I've decided that I think toddler photography is my favorite. It is challenging though. You can't ask a one year old to smile. Or look at the camera. Or sit.

But can I tell you one sweet story from our shoot?

We'd had hardly any smiles from Kessie. We'd tried favorite books, cheerio's, stuffed animals, peek a boo, etc and still weren't getting the smiles we wanted. Then her mom said, "I know what might work." She left to her daughter's room and returned with a portrait of the Savior. Kessie lit up, smiled and repeated "Je Je" over and over.

It was a sweet, tender moment. One that I will never forget. Every night her parents point to the picture and tell her it is Jesus. She had recently learned to say it along with them. What great example of parents who raise their children in the Light of Christ.

Anyways I'll load three segments from our photos shoot: Color, Black and White, and Cross Processed photos. I think they all offer a different feel, and I'm really happy with how everything turned out. Only trouble is I was only able to edit down to 74 photos. Then with all the extra cross editing, it comes to just over 200 photos. It's so hard for me to be the decision maker and say, this photo looks better than this one and then cut a still good photo. But more is generally better. It just took longer to edit. Sorry Kessie's family! Hopefully they're worth the wait. Thanks for sharing your sweet angel with me for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment