Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tyczka Family Photo Shoot

Well I had my first ever "family photo shoot" at the end of May!!! I was so nervous about it, I mean I would feel horrible if I took a family out and totally botched everything. I prepped the whole week. The night before the shoot, I couldn't sleep and woke up every couple of hours due to nerves and both boys waking up. Haha!

The Tyczka family is in my ward and they are such sweet people. We had a fun time at the Boise Train Depot taking pictures. I gave them a heart attack only about two times (Once when I almost fell off my wobbly step stool, and second when I playfully jumped from a rock on the waterfall... they thought I was falling), sorry guys!

After the shoot I called my friend who is also newer to photography, but she has done many more shoots. She is such a pillar to me! We talked about nerves and she encouraged me to keep doing more photo shoots (apparently the nerve thing fades... that would be nice).

The photos took longer in the editing process this time for two reasons:

1-Brandon, my husband, was so sweet and let me purchase a photo editing software that I had just been trialing. That took a week or so to come in the mail. Thank you THANK YOU thank you hubba!

2-I took SO many pictures! 378 to be precise. Yikes! It was hard to be the one to chose which looked best, but I also knew that 6 pictures of the same pose is not needed. A lesson learned for sure, but I am happy to have more than less this time. It was more of a safety net for me and I think I got some real candid shots.

Well I'll stop babbling and let you be the judge. Here are some of the pictures from the photo shoot. But I cannot take all the credit!!! This family is absolutely adorable and it would be hard to take a bad photo of them!







 






We talked about how brown eyes are pretty too, and this little girl shows that well!

"I'm 3"
 

Not a bribe for photos... I like to think of it as an incentive










I was driving away and was so sad I hadn't gotten the shot above. Then as I was editing, I saw this and cropped it from a larger photo. This is one of my favorites for sure!


 Like I said, they are an adorable family. Thanks again for letting me capture this time with you!

4 comments:

  1. So cute! You are so talented, Lacey! How much do you charge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Keesha!

      I'm still new to this all so I don't really have a set price. It would really depend on what the person is looking for and where it was located. Message me on facebook what you were thinking and I can give you a better idea.

      Delete
  2. great job lacey! For a first time family photoshoot, I am way impressed! My favorite is the fourth one... I like the composition of it and how it is a little off center. I also like how you edited it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shauna! I like that one too! Hope your move went well and that you were able to find a place to live! Can't wait to hear how everything is working out!

      Delete