Friday, November 15, 2013

Giving Thanks Photo Challenge Revisited

Last year I said I would do a photo challenge... and failed. Miserably. This year, I'm going to try again. And if I only post one photo, it will be an improvement from the prior year. :) Can't beat those odds.

November 11th: Something Old

Card to my dad on Father's day this past year

November 10th: Light


November 9th: Bedtime Ritual
Technically this is nap time. But no matter what, Ryan and I always have Eskimo kisses, Eskimo hugs, and end with a big hug.

November 8th: Quiet Moment
I have one of these pictures for almost every flight we take. Because we now know that dad is really the one with the magic touch, not me. Give him the kids for the flight and they fall asleep. Never fails. In those quiet moments I get to look at the three boys who take up the most room in my heart.

November 7th: Family Time
What better way to spend time as a family than on dad's birthday! These boys love him so much and so do I. Family time, family hugs, all things family are my favorite part of each day.

November 6th: Captured Time

One of those moments that I hope never to forget. I read a blog once dedicating pictures to the theme of "Kids Were Here." And that's why I took this picture. To remember that my kids are here. And that means all the toys and accessories were too. And it is only a moment, only a moment before it will be gone.

November 5th: Favorite Read

Titled this picture on my computer "In with Julianne"

Currently? Edenbrooke & Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson. They are the perfect escape into a timeless romance that has you giggling, page turning, & blissfully teary in the end. Yes, I am a hopeless romantic. And yes, I love cheesy stuff like this. I had my book signed by her just over 2 months ago, and acted just like a teenage girl seeing Jericho Road for the first time (yes, I did meet them when I was 16, and yes I let them sign my arm in sharpie because I lacked paper). Okay enough embarrassing moments disclosed.


November 4th: A Stranger
Boise, Idaho

Amish Country, in Pennsylvania

I just couldn't choose between these two! Both are such unique sightings, but totally different circumstances. The life of another person remains infinitely interesting to me. A picture will never tell their whole story, and yet it can tell just enough to get a glimpse and make you wonder. Curiosity alone never holds the whole answer. It's takes action on our part to find out the rest.

November 3rd: Beauty is...

All of the above, and so much more...

November 2nd: Something I can't live without
My External Hard Drive is definitely something I can't live without. I had a friend who lost the first years worth of pictures of their first child. That Christmas, I asked for this for Christmas. That was back in 2007. And this is still one of my most prized possessions. Because my camera is nice, but this preserves all the pictures that I take and the memories we have made.

November 1st: Favorite Food

This is largely due to the fact that I'm pregnant right now. With my first two boys, I couldn't get enough of lemons. This time, I'm all about grapefruit. Sticking with the citrus family, I guess. And when I discovered it came in packaged cups, I literally squealed like a kid in a candy store. I have eaten more grapefruit than I ever want to account for over the last 19 weeks. It has been my saving grace on multiple occasions when nothing else sounds appealing. Only downside: I shared with Mason and now he love it too. So I only get 1/2 a cup these days. :o)

3 comments:

  1. How did I miss that news?! Congrats!! You must be due right about the same time that I am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you didn't miss it by much. We only just told family and announced on Facebook about a week ago. We were trying to wait until Thanksgiving, but broke down from the anticipation and excitement. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I'm due march 26th which really means April because I'm typically super overdue each time. :)

      Delete